Sunday, March 17, 2013

Week One: The Battering Ram

Let it never be said that I didn't do the shit I promised. I got a working sound system up and running on Thursday, and I recorded and wrote this on Friday. You, of course, are seeing it Sunday, because I'm out of town and I love being able to schedule shit ahead of time. I have no shame about giving myself the extra couple days to work on the tune for the week, either, since I am going to be out of town.

Great Big Sea is the band that got me back into playing music, and specifically into playing fiddle. And they've been together for twenty years, and they're doing a tour for the first time in several of those years, so it's time and more than time for me to go see them live. (Again.) If they do a meet-and-greet after, you bet I'll be telling them what they've done for me.

In the meantime, and without further dithering: The Battering Ram. Look, I managed not to swear! It was a jig, that's why, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.


2 comments:

  1. Yay recording equipment. Yay music!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am imagining you with tired Kermit arms right now. ;)

      Delete