Sunday, March 24, 2013

Week Two: The Cock and the Hen

Also known as, the week I got hit by bots. Betcha anything. No, I'm not making these titles up. Yes, half of them are like this. ENJOY. And know that I have either heard or made all the jokes already.

So first off we have the revisit to Battering Ram, and then we have this week's tune, as in the post title. One of these weeks I'll get to the point where recording doesn't scare me shitless, but that's not this week either. In the meantime I will apparently be blogging about doing things that scare you and meantime doing those things, because the last four days have been weird. Intense and awesome and exhilarating and terrifying all at once, and that's not even counting the Great Big Sea concert which was, in fact, all I said it would be.

The short version, and there will be a long version here sometime next week, is that I'm going to Swannanoa Gathering this year for Celtic week. I am also admittedly going because it involves getting to see my braintwin and co-blogger for a good chunk of time before/after the music festival, and it'll have been over three years at that point and we're due. But I cannot contain my bouncing over MARTIN HAYES and LIZ KNOWLES and LIZ CARROLL and holy hell, you guys, I can take CLASSES from one of them. Plus Irish myth and folklore. Plus some kind of vocal class, or possibly tinwhistle, I haven't settled on that one yet. But, y'know. Long version. Later, when I've done all my organization.

For now, you'll have to make do with these recordings.



2 comments:

  1. Being scared shitless is the best thing. The best. I mean, objectively speaking. Subjectively it's miserable. So, uh...sorry to be enjoying it so much?

    Ripper work, A.!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not supposed to be taking lessons from me in cat-helping! ;)

      Thank you.

      Delete